A Sales Consultant provides a positive customer experience by being helpful and sensitive to customer needs and aspirations. Offering value adding solutions within a dynamic environment, whilst adhering to policy and process.
- Increase in average balance of the Business Unit assets as defined in the Financial Performance Report of the Business Unit.
- Track, control and influence sales activities with the specific aim to achieve previously determined sales targets.
- Maximise cross sell opportunities and strengthen client relationships at point of sale.
- Manage the growth of active customer Account Base through hunting, to increase client base.
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions at point of sale.
- Track, control and influence sales activities with the specific aim to increase own sales results.
- Enter all Qualified leads into the sales pipeline or customer relationship management system, and maintain on a daily basis.
- Provide accurate and reliable sales statistics.
- Check all transactions on a daily basis to ensure new business applications are closed within appropriate timelines.
- Manage personal development to increase own skills and competencies.
Additional Role Information
- A minimum of 1 year sales experience within a call centre (outbound) environment.
- Previous experience working in the Insurance Industry would be advantageous.
- Computer literacy (able to multitask and work on multiple systems at the same time) is essential.
- Matric is essential.
- Relevant NQF 5 as prescribed by the Financial Services Board is essential.
- An appropriate recognised business degree at NQF level 6 is advantageous.
- RE 5 (if due).
- Long term insurance FAIS credits or equivalent qualification (if due).
- Clear ITC. – Clear Criminal Record.
- Seniority levelAssociate
- Employment typeFull-time
- Job functionSalesBusiness Development
- IndustriesMarketing and AdvertisingDesignFinancial Services
- Financial Services
- 1001-5000 employees
- Founded 1995
- Public Company
About usDirectAxis is a proudly South African business that has been in operation for 23 years. Initially a direct to consumer insurance brokerage, DirectAxis moved into personal lending shortly after opening its doors. Targeting the low risk mass middle market, DirectAxis offers a range of products from personal lending to life and short term insurance and more recently access to financial health through its Pulse platform.
DirectAxis is the largest and most successful direct marketing financial services provider not only in South Africa but on the continent. We continue to develop the digitisation of the business to deliver a positive and meaningful experience to our customers across all touchpoints.
We sponsor initiatives that we believe enrich the greater community. DirectAxis is a proud partner of the Currie Cup, a tournament that is steeped in history and tradition and is regarded as the cornerstone of South Africa’s rugby heritage, the most prestigious domestic rugby prize and stepping stone for future Springboks. It’s where dreams are born. We’re delighted to also sponsor the False Bay Rugby Club, winners of the 2017 Gold Cup tournament and launched the DirectAxis Walk for hunger in March 2018.
Driven by a common purpose, to give everyone we touch the power to build a better life, DirectAxis, as part of the FirstRand Group, is perfectly positioned to continue its journey as one of the most successful businesses in the country.