Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to the following short term positions in the administration of the Electoral Commission, a state institution established by Chapter 9 of the Constitution.
TO APPLY: Select a link above and apply online for quicker response Or register online. Also you can download application form.
REGISTRATION OFFICER & ELECTION STAFF
Job Purpose: To contribute towards strengthening electoral democracy processes by assisting in coordinating the projects and programs of the Electoral Commission at the voting district level.
1. Must be a SA citizen & a registered voter
2. In the last five years must not have held political office or been a candidate in an election or have been politically active for a political party or campaigning for a political party
3. In the last five years must not have been elected to office in an organisation that has party political affiliations or aims
4. Must not have been convicted of serious criminal offence(s)
5. As far as possible, must have some training or professional/administrative experience. (Consideration will be given to the youth and unemployed under this provision)
6. Must be proficient in any of the local languages of the municipality
7. Must demonstrate impartiality at all times
8. Computer literacy and ability to operate smartphone technology strongly recommended
The above position is on a short term contract, required to work specific days between February 2019 & August 2019. You are required to attend training during the period of October 2018 to August 2019. The Electoral Commission will only correspond with successful candidates. The Electoral Commission is under no obligation to fill the positions after advertising it. Although advertised, it may be withdrawn or re-advertised. Applicants for all of the above positions should not have a high party political profile.