ABOUT THE COMPANY – IDC
The Industrial Development Corporation (IDC), established in 1940, is owned by the government of South Africa and is under the supervision of the Economic Development Department. The IDC is a national development finance institution, which provides youth enterprises, who are undertaking industrial development projects, with financial and non-financial support.
The institution was created with the aim of promoting economic growth and industrial development, as well as to contribute to sustainable job creation within the country, as well as across the rest of Africa.
The IDC provide financial assistance to entrepreneurs starting new enterprises, as well as companies wishing to extend their current operations, to a maximum of R1 billion.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The IDC bursary programme will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Agricutural Science
- Computer Science
The following expenses will be covered by the bursary programme: tuition, prescribed books, accommodation, meals and a laptop.
Once students have graduated, they will be required to work for IDC for an amount of time equal to that of their bursary awarded.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Residing in South Africa
- Between the ages of 16 and 25 years old
- Completed Matric OR currently in completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised University or University of Technology in South Africa (NOT a private University or College)
- Current Matric students: must have achieved a minimum “B” symbol for Mathematics and Science AND must have achieved a minimum overall average of 75%
- Current tertiary students: must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% or “C” symbol AND must have passed all previous modules for your current degree
- NOT currently in receipt of any other funding from a bursary or employer
- Proven financial need
- *Preference will be given to students from rural areas
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://protected.idc.co.za/BursaryPortal/
You will be required to Register an account here (https://protected.idc.co.za/BursaryPortal/#Register) before you can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of Registration/ provisional admission
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ sworn affidavit or financial statements if self-employed/ sworn affidavit or death certificate if deceased/ divorce certificate if divorced/ sworn statement if separated) (certified copies)
31 August 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact IDC directly:
Industrial Development Corporation (IDC)
Contact Person: Ms Nolonwabo Nguqu
Tel: 011 269 3946