Anyone who is on a weight loss journey will quite easily agree that losing the belly-fat is the hardest and longest part of the journey.
Well, there’s no easy formula or magic mantra that one can say three times to see immediate results. On the other hand, if ones workout sessions are not mkhaba-focused and done correctly, then the journey will be made that much longer and unnecessarily harder.
Fitness expert, Ronald Abvajee, says that while it might take a bit of time with commitment, any body is achievable.
Here he offers us workouts that one can easily do at home, or at the gym, that work to fight and curb belly fat and build strong abs:
THE INTERVAL SPRINTING WEIGH-LOSS PROGRAM
Interval sprints: Do an eight-second sprint followed by 12 seconds of low-intensity exercise for 20 minutes.
How often: Three 20-minute sessions a week.
Warm up: Your choice of aerobic exercise at a gentle pace for four minutes.
Cool down: Your choice of aerobic exercise at a gentle pace for four minutes, then stretch.
When to workout: Interval sprinting is best done early in the morning, before breakfast, as exercising after an overnight fast will burn more belly fat. Otherwise, exercise at least two hours after your last meal.
THE AB BLASTER
- Sit tall on the mat with your knees bent by your chest and your hands at your sides.
- Lie down with your knees bent and your palms facing down.
- Exhale and raise your head and shoulders off the mat.
- Vigorously pump your arms 15 cm up and down, reaching with your fingertips.
- Inhale for 5 pumps, then exhale for 5 pumps. Be sure to curl your chin in toward your chest.
- Do 100 pumps, or 10 full breaths.
- Try to keep your lower back pressed in toward the floor and keep your lower abs pulled in toward your spine. You should keep your abs engaged this way throughout the workout.
Abvajee’s 5-point list of dos and donts to stay focused during a workout
- DO NOT talk on your cellphone or text while you are working out. Pull yourself away from instant distractions and concentrate on what’s important — your workout.
- DO be prepared with a workout playlist. Music will motivate you throughout the workout.
- DO set goals for yourself and reward yourself once you achieve them. You have to have a goal of where you want to go, or you will just stay in the same place.
- DO NOT stop when you feel a little tired. Push yourself to do additional reps with ab exercises and a few extra minutes with your cardio. Push beyond what you think is your limit. Your body is amazing but at times your mind holds you back from pushing the body to get the results you want.
- DO bring variety into your workout. Do different ab exercises to tighten the mkhaba and mix your cardio workout to burn the belly flab. This will ensure you don’t plateau and continually achieve results.
Make Money Tips: here