Hello… an exciting new opportunity has just come available in our Hollard Insure, Construction and Engineering, JHB division. We are looking to recruit a Claims Specialist.
- Manage all specialised claims assigned, within the set standards required by the company thus contributing to the productivity of the claims department.
- Review and auditing of branch and mandated brokers claims.
- Process all claims over claims consultants’ mandates.
- Maintain the standards of the claims department thus enhancing the image of Hollard
- Ensure all technical aspects for claims settlement are adhered to.
- Contribute to the growth and profitability of Hollard.
- Ensure strong working relationship between all stakeholders.
- Review and Audit: To evaluate and investigate adherence of claims payment in terms of policy wording.
- Specialised C&E claims; claims over claims champions’ mandate and international brokers claims: To process all claims which are specialised; over claims champions mandate and international brokers.
- Risk Management: Assist with estimates reserves when required. Assist in reporting on large movements, leakage, multi claimants and post loss movements.
- Problem solving: Assisting staff in resolving complex problems while ensuring adherence to standards & objectives.
- Reporting: Provide necessary reporting on financial and operational indicators relating to claims, i.e. mail count, control of leakage and spillage (quantum) etc. Provide feedback (reporting) to senior management on achievements, pending issues, problems and suggested recommendations.
- Decision making: To make recommendations and take decisions on technical functions within mandates.
- Customer service: Technical advice and other assistance over and above the normal claims duties
- Coaching and support: Providing informal and formal coaching support to team.
- Innovation: Participate with senior management in initiatives around product development, processes, policy and strategy.
- Variance Management: Adhere to standards set by Hollard. Provide action plans and follow up with corrective actions with all variances to standards.
- Employee Growth: Take responsibility for your own career growth and have regular discussions with the relevant role players.
[maxbutton id=”1″ ] [maxbutton id=”2″ ] [maxbutton id=”4″ ] [maxbutton id=”3″ ]
Required Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Sound understanding of commercial and industrial short term insurance with at least 5 years experience including:
o Claims procedure
o Underwriting procedure (ability to interpret policy wording)
o Insurance terminology
o Legal knowledge (prescription act, insurance act, FAIS)
o Risk management
o Reinsurance and treaties
o Product knowledge
o Financial and credit control knowledge
- FAIS and RE Compliance
- Self management skills (can organise work, space, time)
- Good communication skills (including writing and presentation skills)
- Relationship management skills (have the right approach with the right people)
- Negotiation skills (internal & external)
- Numeracy skills
- Analysis and interpretation of data pertaining to assigned books, reports and market conditions
- Demonstrate common sense, self motivation and discipline
- Well presented / representative of Hollard’s image
- Visibly demonstrate the Hollard values
- Visibly assisting Hollard being the best business insurer
- Sound knowledge of MS Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Career orientated
- Knowledge of the Core Business System
- Be open to relocation within the national branch network
- NQF 5 Insurance Qualification
- Ensure minimum CPD points are obtained