- Standard Bank is the largest bank in Africa and our highly visible brand, award-winning service, and strong global presence helps us maintain our market-leading position. We place huge value on the talent of our people to drive our continued success, and to support our plans for growth. We now need a talented and resourceful individual to help us fulfil our business objectives and build customer loyalty.
- Position: Customer Consultant
- To provide an efficient and effective point of contact for new and existing personal market customers.
- To ensure that the customers’ banking needs are identified and fulfilled efficiently and cost-effectively, while managing the risks associated with new accounts, mandates and specimen signatures
- Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Regularly develops opportunities for sales by actively searching for new contacts to expand sales opportunities.
- Forges business partnerships with Personal and Business Markets in the branch to leverage the interplay between segments for optimal growth and retention.
- Increase branch advances by responsible lending practices (limitisation)
- Identifies migration opportunities and sells products/services reactively.
- Ensures that targets and budgets are met.
- Participates in tactical sales/marketing activities as required.
- Captures applications for Student Loans.
- Closes accounts.
- Actions confirmation of Employment on Customer Relationship Management( CRM)
- Ensures that all leads are logged correctly in the presence of the customer and ensures cross selling opportunities are identified.
- Identifies and actions opportunities for cross- and up-sell.
- Ensures accurate capture, updates or amendments of customer information and history notes.
- Identifies customer needs effectively and opens new accounts according to laid down procedures.
- Transfers, amends and closes accounts as and when requested by customers according to laid down instructions.
- Assist customers efficiently and effectively by ensuring that transactions are processed timeously.
- Ensures that Customer on boarding process is followed when necessary.
- Ensures that customers are fully informed of their rights and obligations to the bank in accordance with the Code of Banking Practice.
- Ensures that all new service requests (queries and complaints) are logged correctly, as either a “first contact resolution” or “non first contact resolution” as appropriate.
- Ensures that service requests in personal work list are actioned within agreed timelines.
- Implements all the required steps and controls according to laid down procedures when opening accounts to minimise the risks associated with new business.
- Gathers and completes accurate data for the opening of loan accounts and granting of facilities.
- Refers matters outside scoring criteria, with the appropriate information, to the accounts support for further investigation.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Matric / Grade 12
- Completed NQF 5 FAIS recognised qualification (listed with FSB)
- Completed RE5
- 5 – 7 Years branch banking experience, with exposure to all departments and overall customer serviceExternal relationships, Financial accountability, Accountability for problem solving
- External relationships, Financial accountability, Accountability for problem solving
- Leadership, Internal and External Stakeholder Management
- Good knowledge of personal market products and the processes underpinning them.
- Has detailed understanding of local market and competitor activity.
- Good knowledge of product criteria and bank policy regarding appropriate pricing, charges and interest rates.
- Knowledge of the documentation related to personal market credit routine.
- Knowledge and understanding of credit behavioural scoring and application systems, the granting process and risk management principles.
- General knowledge and understanding of financial statements, including application of policies and principles for evaluation and management of the risk associated with lending.
- Knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice.
- Basic knowledge of products sold elsewhere within the Group.
- Understanding and support of the bank’s multi-channel environment.
- More jobs
|Click here to search for more jobs|