Reports to Curator Post Office Museum
Summation Responsible for the development and coordination of the collection database and related museum
documentation, digitization and record-keeping in order to make the collection accessible to stakeholders.
• Responsible for preventative conservation and environmental control of objects.
• Assist with the development, coordination and population of the museum object database.
• Assist with making the collection and information accessible to stakeholders.
• Receives, inspects, accessions, documents, digitize, labels and catalogues objects acquired for collections
• Assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures with regard to the collection and the museum.
• Assist with the development and coordination of an Integrated Pest Management Plan.
• Supervise the house-keeping, organising and supervision of storage areas and housing of objects.
• Compile monthly reports and as and when specific reports are required.
• Give inputs when planning, designing and preparing displays and/or events for the museum.
• Contribute information and articles to be published.
• Keep up to date with museum trends and information.
• Facilitates care and security of collections of art and artefacts on site; coordinates with Curator regarding the
conditions necessary to store objects in a seismically safe, temperate place; and controls art storage area.
• Bachelor of Arts or Information Science degree (NQF 7)
• Museum qualification will be an advantage
• Three to five years’ experience in museum preservation and record-keeping.
• Code EB Driving Licence
Skills and Attributes
• Communication skills (read, write, speak)
• Presentation skills
• Research/analytical skills
• Interpersonal skills (groups, individuals)
• Computer literate
• Meticulous, creative, innovative
• Problem solving skills
• Persuasiveness, decision making
• Planning, organising, co-ordinating skills
• Strong sense of responsibility
• Ability to liaise with stakeholders
• Ability to lift and move objects
The South African Post Office is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in
employment, especially with regard to race, gender and disability.
If you wish to view vacancies, log on to www.postoffice.co.za and Click on Careers or
Email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Download Application forms
Position Number: 60058650
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you do not hear from the South African Post Office
within 3 months of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. The South African
Post Office Limited reserves the right not to fill this position or to re-advertise the positions at any time.